When Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you in several situations, including when you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase online, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, or answer questions about your product interests. You do not have to provide personal information about you, but if you decide not to do so, you may limit the features and services that you can access from the Site.
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- Financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information;
- Account registration information, such as username, password, and profile information;
- Information about your intended use of, or questions about, our products;
- Birth date and demographic information;
- Certain other information you may provide to us in your communications or in connection with other products or services.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Once collected, we may use the personal information for the following purposes:
- Contact Us. We will use personal information about you to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through the Site’s "Contact Us" links, or through other areas of our Site.
- Shopping. When you purchase products on our Site, we will use personal information about you to process your purchase, confirm your order, and deliver the items to you.
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. With your permission, we use personal information about you to send you newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We may use personal information about you to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- Feedback. We may use information you provide to us regarding our products and services, to provide product feedback to our customers on our Site and other material.
- Other Site Features. We may use personal information about you to perform other functions or provide new services that we describe to you at the time of collection or with your consent.
What Kind of Tracking Do We Use On Our Site?
We also collect certain information by automated means when you visit our Site, including your internet protocol ("IP") address; information about your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Site through a link from a third-party website, the uniform resource locator ("URL") of the linking page; and your activity on the Site, such as which pages you choose to view, queries you make using our "search" function, and other information about your account usage.
Like many companies, we use "cookies," "web beacons," and similar technologies on our Site. These technologies allow us to track your use of our Site, recognize you when you return to the Site, or save your preferences. We also may include web beacons in email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and to identify the IP address of the computer on which they were opened. The information we obtain in this manner helps us customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer through the Site. Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of our Site’s features and that your decision to decline cookies from our Site may impact your ability to use other websites as well.
We may combine information collected from tracking devices and the information we collect in our cookies (as described above) with other information we collect about you. Third parties may place anonymous cookies on the browsers of visitors to our websites and may send their own cookies to the visitor’s cookie file. Pursuant to global data regulations, Company’s employees have a right of access, modification, and erasure of the personal data collected for the sole purpose of the service provision. These rights may be exercised at email@example.com.
Sharing Site Content With A Friend
You may be able to share certain content from our Site with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient’s and your name and email addresses. When we collect personal information in this way, we will use it to fulfill your request and for no other purpose.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, have your information removed from our mailing lists, or no longer receive marketing emails from us, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on our Site, we will delete the information from our records.
Links to Other Websites Our
Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). To learn more about your California privacy rights, please visit our California Privacy Notice.
Last Updated: [DATE]